Jeanie is an Advocate in Uganda’s Courts of Judicature. A Member of the East African Law Society and also a Member of the Uganda Law Society. She holds an LLM from the University of Georgetown, an LLB (Hons) Degree from Makerere University and a Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice from the Law Development Centre.
Jeanie is an experienced Attorney with over seven years’ experience in Environmental and Energy Law, Oil and Gas Law and Legislative Drafting. She has worked with UN Fellow, United Nations Environment Program where she developed a work plan for the next five years for the Global Judicial Institute on Environment in 2018 among others.
She also has wide experience in Legal Research.
Jeanie has worked as a Research Officer (Legal) in Courts of Judicature in Uganda notably High Court, Land Division.
Professional Memberships & Qualifications
- Advocate, High Court of Uganda
- Member, East African Law Society
- Member, Uganda Law Society
- Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice, Law Development Centre (Uganda)
- LLB (Hons.), Makerere University, Uganda
- LLM in Environmental and Energy Law , the University of Georgetown, U.S.A
Areas of Expertise
- Environmental and Energy Law
- Oil and Gas Law
- East African Law