Eugene is an Advocate in Uganda’s Courts of Judicature. He holds an LLM from the University of Birmingham, an LLB (Hons) degree from Makerere University and a Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice from the Law Development Centre.
Eugene is an experienced Attorney with over eleven years’ experience in Legislative drafting, Oil and Gas Law. He is an experienced advocate, skilled in company and corporate legal affairs, International Investment Law and Financing of International Trade.
Eugene has worked as the Senior and as the Legal Officer, Uganda Law Reform Commission and also as a litigator and teacher of Law.
Professional Memberships & Qualifications
- Advocate, High Court of Uganda
- Member, East African Law Society
- Member, Uganda Law Society
- Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice, Law Development Centre (Uganda)
- LLB (Hons.), Makerere University, Uganda
- LLM with Merit, International Commercial Law, The University of Birmingham, United Kingdom
- Certificate from the UN observer organisation Pax Romana on Human Rights mechanisms, Nairobi, 2009.
- Go Africa…Go Germany Academic Exchange Programme, in Germany/East Africa 2008/2009
- Academic and leadership award of Makerere University Faculty of Law Society Achiever of the year 2006.
- Certificate from the East African Leadership institute (UONGOZI) on Leadership, development and African mechanisms (Tanzania), 2005.
Areas of Expertise
- Alternative Dispute Resolution including International Arbitration and Mediation
- Commercial and Corporate Law
- Oil and Gas Law
- International Investment Law
- Financing of International Trade